Living with people

I made the decision to move from my studio flat into a shared house in July last year. I wanted more space than the half a room I was living in and couldn't afford extortionate Brighton prices without the student discount, so it was the logical decision, but it felt like a step back. A step into undergraduate life, a step away from adult independence. I had spent two years living on my own and I wasn't too sure about living with other people, even if they were my friends.

But it has been wonderful.

There have been some ups and downs as we have settled into life together, but it has been such a joy to live with other people. To have people to talk to at the end of the day. To cook together and drink together and watch Eastenders together.

Lockdown 2.0 and then 3.0 in the dark depths of Winter was tough. But it was better with others around.

I started this post months ago and have only just stumbled upon it again. I could write more but I think I'll leave it there and add some more photos.









This entry was posted on Saturday, May 08, 2021 and is filed under ,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply

I love to hear from you guys :)