Can I smile if I'm edgy?

Two weeks ago I was having a casual conversation with Adam when I asked him whether or not he'd mind if I got my nose pierced. He shrugged with a smile and told me that I could if I wanted to.

So I did.

I had originally planned just to go to the piercing place and inquire about it, see how much it would cost, whether I needed to book etc. but then when I was there I just sort of did it.

And it was such a good decision!

Here is the high quality selfie you've all been waiting for.


This was one of approximately a million selfies I took straight after getting it done, this one of the square on, pursed lips variety.

I really, really wanted to get a nose ring but for some reason everything I found online suggested that I should get a stud to start with. However, when I braved the scary staircase in Third Eye up to the piercing shop, the woman reassured me that I could just go right ahead and get a ring.

So I did.

And it really, really hurt. My eyes were literally streaming afterwards, but it was definitely not unbearable.

My main concern was whether I could really pull off a nose ring. Don't you have to be super-cool and edgy? Would I need to purchase a full wardrobe of urban outfitters and cut in a blunt fringe? Any hope of suddenly becoming the brooding, edgy instagram queen was destroyed the moment Adam walked into our house and I bounced around excitedly with a cheshire-cat grin on my face asking him repeatedly if I was edgy yet.

But luckily for me, it still suits a smile.


It was just really satisfying to go and do something a bit wild on a bit of a whim, particularly something that I've had in the back of my mind for almost five years.

And, now, don't I look beautiful?

This entry was posted on Friday, February 27, 2015 and is filed under ,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

One Response to “Can I smile if I'm edgy?”

I love to hear from you guys :)